You’ve probably used or seen a vitamin-C skin care product, such as a serum containing vitamin C. Vitamin C is a great ingredient to promote healthy skin. This ingredient is a staple in the beauty industry.
Serums are the best way to get Vitamin C benefits deep into your skin. A serum is a water-based hydrator with a small molecular structure that makes it easy to absorb into the skin. The serum is a suitable carrier of active ingredients targeted to the skin’s needs. The serum’s active ingredients can be absorbed and used by your dermis.
You can choose a serum that will brighten, tighten or rejuvenate the skin. It is up to you which serum you use. If you want to tighten and firm your appearance, choose an Anti Aging Serum formulated to adequately hydrate the skin to give it a soft, plump look.
Vitamin C serum applied topically to your skin helps it retain moisture and protects against environmental stresses. You might be tempted to think that you need to increase your vitamin C intake after seeing the many benefits of vitamin C.
Unfortunately, this is not the case. Vitamin C cannot benefit the skin because there are insufficient blood vessels in the epidermis to deliver nutrients to skin cells. Vitamin C is best used in skin care products directly applied to the skin.
We’ll show you how to apply vitamin C serums so that you can see the benefits of this potent ingredient!
How to Apply Vitamin C Serum
Follow the steps below to get maximum benefit from a Vitamin C serum. Although most skin types can tolerate vitamin C serums, it is possible that the product could cause side effects, such as allergies.
We recommend a patch test to reduce this risk. You can test your skin in a controlled environment before applying the product to a large surface area.
How to perform a patch test
- Please choose an area of your skin where you can easily hide it, such as your forearm.
- Apply a small quantity of the product, and allow it to sit for 24 hours.
- You can apply the product to your face if you do not experience any side effects. You should stop using the product if you have side effects such as hives or rashes.
How to Apply Vitamin C Serum
- Step 1. Wash your face thoroughly to remove all makeup, dirt, and impurities.
- Step 3: Toner your face if you use one daily. Toners not only refresh the skin, but they also help with absorption.
- Step 3. Apply your vitamin C serum. Any excess product can be rubbed onto your hands, neck, or decolletage.
- Step 4: Apply the eye cream of your choice.
- Step 6: Apply the moisturizer. Yes, you should apply your moisturizer after applying your vitamin C serum. Remember the general rule that thinner products are used before thicker ones in your skincare routine.
- Step 6: Apply sunscreen. Let it set/dry.
How to Use Vitamin C Serum for Your Skincare Routine
Apply your vitamin C serum every day. You can do this in the morning or at night (especially if using a different product in the evening).
Use your Vitamin C serum following cleansing and toning before applying your eye cream and moisturizer. This order allows your skin to be purified, allowing better absorption of the serum’s active ingredients. Using your eye cream and specialty moisturizer after the serum will help lock in the goodness of the serum and drive its benefits more profound into your skin.
If you want to get the best of several products, vitamin C can be used safely with other active ingredients. Vitamin C may become less effective when combined with niacinamide.
Apply your vitamin C alternative in the morning and your retinol alternative in the evening.
- We recommend applying these two products separately in two sessions for the best results. You could use the Wild Fruit Serum before your eye care and facial oil in the morning. Add 1-3 drops of Revitalize in the Concentrated Enhancing Elixirs to your favorite serum or facial oils in your evening skincare routine. We suggest separating the sessions of these two products because vitamin A (the key ingredient in retinol and retinol alternatives) can make skin sensitive to harsh UV rays. It’s best to use your retinol alternative product at night.
- Applying vitamin C serum to your face the following morning will provide fantastic skin benefits such as hydration and brightness and a hefty dose of antioxidants that will strengthen your skin and protect it from environmental stressors.