The armpits are a sensitive area of our body. To keep them odorless and clean, we use a variety of deodorants and roll-ons in addition to regular shaving and waxing. The chemicals react with the underarm skin, causing it to darken. If you take care of your underarms and don’t use chemicals or creams, it is easy to whiten them. Many herbal and skin-friendly creams help keep sensitive underarm skin clean and white.
Baking soda is an excellent home remedy for whitening underarms. Baking soda is a readily available ingredient in the kitchen that exfoliates dead skin cells, the leading cause of blackening. It unblocks the pores to allow the skin to breathe. It’s also an excellent natural antiperspirant that has no side effects.
- Baking soda, one tablespoon
- Cornstarch, one tablespoon
- Warm water, two tablespoons
- Add a tablespoon each of baking soda and warm water to a bowl
- Add cornstarch and make a thick paste.
- Rub the paste gently on both sides of the underarms for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the washing process every two weeks to get faster results.
- You can also brush baking soda dry on your armpits to eliminate body odor and underarm darkness.
Potatoes have a natural bleaching effect and can help lighten the skin because they are mildly acidic and an excellent home remedy for dark underarms.
- One medium potato (sliced thinly)
- Cornstarch, one tablespoon
- Roll the potato slices into a teaspoon of cornstarch, then coat them well.
- The piece should be applied to the underarms and rubbed gently for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat the process every week.
You can use the same method as above, but instead of slicing it, you could grate the potato and then mix the juice and cornstarch to make a paste. Apply this on your underarms and get the same results.
Cucumber is a natural underarm bleaching agent. It has cooling and hydrating qualities. It can also help to get rid of armpit discoloration and prevent sweat for a long time.
- One cucumber’s pulp
- Use a pinch of turmeric
- Baking powder, one teaspoon
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form a paste.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice right before applying
- Apply the paste to the underarms and rub gently for 5 minutes. Then, let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Use cold water to wash your clothes
- You can use this home remedy daily to achieve better results.
LEMON JUICE and PEEL
Use lemon on your skin to show off your body’s beauty. The unique properties of lemons for health, beauty, and well-being make them extraordinary. Vitamin C is abundant in lemons and nourishes the body internally and externally. Lemon’s acidity helps exfoliate dead skin cells faster, revealing fresher skin. It is used in home remedies to whiten skin. Lemons are a great way to whiten your underarms quickly.
Lemon & cornstarch scrub
- One tablespoon dried lemon peel
- Lemon juice, 3-4 drops
- Cornstarch 1 tablespoon
- Add lemon peel to a bowl with the lemon juice and cornstarch. Mix until a thick paste is formed.
- The paste should be gently rubbed on the underarms for 10 minutes.
- Apply it daily and wash it with cold water.
- Lemon slices can be tickled on the underarms before bathing daily to lighten them underarms.
Lemon Honey & Yogurt Mask
Honey and yogurt moisturize and hydrate the underarm skin, while lemon naturally lightens it.
- Juice of one lemon
- Honey, 1 Tablespoon
- Fresh yogurt, one teaspoon thick
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to make a paste
- Apply the paste to the underarms, and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Apply this paste to your dark/black underarms twice a week, and you will see the desired results.
Milk is the most straightforward way to remove dark underarms. It is rich in vitamins and fatty acids that lighten the underarms.
Mask made with milk, cream, and yogurt
- 1 tbsp. milk
- Full-fat cream, one tablespoon
- One teaspoon fresh yogurt
- Gram flour, one tablespoon
- Mix milk and equal amounts of full-fat cream in a bowl. Stir well.
- Add gram flour, fresh yogurt, and yogurt to a thick paste.
- Allow the paste to dry for 10 mins after applying it to the underarms.
- Rinse with cold water, then pat dry
- Repeat this process two times a week for effective underarm whitening