Our medical skin peels are some of the best treatments for blackheads, whiteheads, or clogged and open pores. Our medical skin peels can improve your skin’s texture, tone and colour- and are a safe choice for anyone who suffers from aging, sun-damaged, pigmented or acne-prone skin.
Our skin peels vary in strength and type, with each skin peel suited to different skin conditions. Your practitioner will choose the best skin peel for your skin and your individual goals. In general, results are seen over a course of light peels.
The amount of downtime you need depends on the type of peel chosen for you. Recovery times can range from immediate to a few days of light flaking.
From $130 | Packages available: 5 light peels $550 (Saving $100) | 5 light peels PLUS Ultraceuticals Even Skin Tone Serum (RRP $85) to prepare your skin, $600 (Saving $135)
Do you want to create your own package? You can substitute a microdermabrasion or vitamin infusion for one or more of your skin treatments.
Solve your skin issues with our medical skin peels. If you are looking for the best place for medical skin peels in Sydney, head over to Heber Davis. At Heber Davis, you will find that our skin peels are the perfect solution for your skin.
Skin peels improve skin texture, tone, and color by exfoliating its uppermost damaged, dull layers to reveal the fresher, younger looking skin beneath. Peels vary in strength and in ingredients, with each suited to different skin conditions and skin types. Skin peels are classified as light, medium (TCA chemical peel) or deep according to their depth of penetration. All skin peels at Heber Davis are performed by qualified, experienced doctors or specialised cosmetic nurses.Light skin peels are superficial treatments that use gentle acids to freshen your skin. They restore moisture and lustre to dry skin, reduce pigmentation and freckling, improve acne and superficial acne scarring, and stimulate collagen growth to help plump fine lines and wrinkles.
A variety of solutions are used for skin peeling. Your practitioner will recommend the best peel for you, based on the characteristics of your skin, its current condition and your goals in terms of desired outcome and tolerance of downtime.
Menu of Skin Peels:
- Alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) peels – also called fruit acid peels, most commonly glycolic acid (from sugar cane) or lactic acid, from sour milk. These peels can be performed at various concentrations to vary the strength of the treatment. Lactic acid in particular hydrates and freshens your skin with minimal downtime. The main role of these peels is to remove dull, sun damaged or abnormally pigmented cells in the skin’s uppermost layers and to encourage growth of new collagen and elastin. These gentle acids also deeply cleanse and refine pores to help reduce congestion and acne breakouts.
- Mandelic acid peel – is a higher concentration AHA peel that uses mandelic acid which is derived from almonds. Mandelic peels efficiently eliminate dead skin cells that dull your skin, unblock pores, reduce pigmentation and even out the complexion. This treatment is ideal for all skin types, including oily and acne prone skin and aging skin.
- Beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) peels – Salicylic acid, which is the main ingredient in these peels, is oil soluble which means it penetrates more deeply than the water soluble AHA’s in oilier skins. BHA peels deep cleanse younger, oily, congested or acne prone complexions to improve skin texture and tone. Expect a few days of light skin flaking following one of these deeply cleansing peels.
- Jessner’s peels combine the benefits of BHAs (salicylic acid) AHAs (lactic acid) and resorcinol. Resorcinol is a derivative of phenol (a very deep peeling agent) that boosts exfoliation. Jessner’s peels are highly recommended for those with problem pigmentation, congestion or acne, who can tolerate a few days of moderate peeling and downtime. The amount of peeling you will experience depends upon the depth of penetration of the peel, which in turn is determined by the number of layers placed on the skin.
- A-Zyme peels – a pain free, minimal downtime skin rejuvenation peel that combines the benefits of retinol (vitamin A) with natural fruit enzymes to help improve the quality and texture of your skin.
- Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peels 10% – Performed at lower concentrations, TCA light peels provide superficial resurfacing of the skin to improve skin texture, wrinkles, and pigmentation. Higher concentrations can be used to spot treat troublesome blemishes.
- High strength antioxidant vitamins – though not peeling agents themselves, high strength solutions of vitamins A and C are often applied alone, or in combination with other peels, in order to plump and super hydrate your skin. They are a great skin pick me up, ideal for refreshing and hydrating your skin before a big event.
- Retinoic acid peels – retinoic acid is a vitamin A derivative, commonly used in well know skin products such as Retin A and Stieva A, that has proven anti-aging and anti-acne properties. It rejuvenates aging skin by restoring a youthful rate of cell turnover and by reversing dehydration and signs of sun damage. Retinoic acid peels are sometimes used in conjunction with other peels to augment results.
See our Light Peeling Packages
Read More about light skin peeling.