Our V Beam vascular laser is perfect solution to your problems whether they be broken capillaries, nose veins, or red acne scars. The V Beam is internationally known for its efficiency when it comes to removing unwanted red blemishes. Our capillary and redness treatment in our Sydney clinic provides a safe and efficient option for anyone experiencing such issues.
You will receive one to two 30 minute laser sessions in our Sydney clinic. Our treatment feels like rubber bands flicking your skin.Recovery:
In the aftermath of our capillary treatment and redness treatment, there is a possibility of short term swelling and/or bruising. Makeup may be worn the next day.
From $250 (Medicare rebates may apply)
Are you embarrassed by your face’s broken capillaries, nose veins, or red blemishes? Learn more about how these non-invasive light based treatments (Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and vascular lasers) can erase your unwanted capillaries and red blemishes in just few minutes without damaging your surrounding skin. Our capillary and redness treatments provides an easy, non-invasive and efficient solution to your problems, contact our Sydney Clinic to enquire or make a booking.
How do these treatments work?
Lasers and IPLs release a specific wavelength of light that is selectively absorbed by the haemoglobin in blood vessels. Once absorbed, wavelength of light is converted to heat that will warm up the vessel walls, injuring them and causing them to collapse and fade. This is a highly effective treatment for damage that is close to the surface of your skin, particularly on the face, neck and chest.
What conditions can be treated?
The IPL laser is the gold standard for the treatment of many red skin blemishes including nose veins, broken capillaries, rosacea, port wine birth marks, red necks, red chests, spider angiomas, red scarring, acne scars, and keloid scars. This laser is also known for reducing red flushing and burning.
What causes broken capillaries and red blemishes?
The most common causes are:
- Environmental – sun exposure and weather extremes
- Hormonal fluctuations
- Medical conditions such as high blood pressure
- Pressure e.g. squeezing acne or glasses pressing on the face
What’s the difference between IPL and laser?
Vascular lasers produce light energy of one wavelength that is only absorbed by blood. These lasers treat red blemishes in the skin very precisely and efficiently. IPL on the other hand produces light that contains a band of different wavelengths that collectively target a variety of red and brown skin blemishes.
At Heber Davis, we use both IPL and laser, often together, to achieve the best outcomes for you and your skin. In our experience, lasers more effectively target larger, visible blood vessels, whilst IPL is often best reserved for finer veins and diffuse redness. We will match the most appropriate technology to your unique needs to make sure we achieve the best results.
The “next generation” IPL installed at Heber Davis is called Broadband light (BBL.) The BBL spans a broader spectrum of light than traditional IPLs. This allows for more precise treatment and greater flexibility in the range of conditions treated.
How many treatments will I need?
One to two treatments will usually eliminate the majority of your red blemishes, though certain conditions may require a course of treatments.
What happens during an IPL / laser treatment?
- Your doctor will review your medial history, discuss your concerns, and photograph the area that will be treated. They will when decide on the best treatment plan for you.
- You may view before and after photos of other patients’ outcomes to give you a realistic expectation of your own result. You can also view photos of how you might look during your recovery.
- Protective eye shields will be worn throughout your treatment.
- Treatment is non-invasive and it feels like a series of quick stings, similar to a rubber band flicking your skin.
- A warm sensation may persist for a few minutes after treatment. You will be provided with an ice pack that will cool the affected area almost immediately.
What should I expect after IPL / laser treatment?
Your treated skin will feel flushed, almost as if you have just finished working out at the gym. Your skin will typically feel normal again within a few hours. You may experience swelling under your eyes if the upper cheeks have been treated and bruising can sometimes occur. Makeup can be worn immediately.
Final results may take up to a month to become apparent. Once they are removed, capillaries usually do not recur though new vessels may develop naturally or as part of an underlying condition such as rosacea. If that is the case, then occasional maintenance treatments may be required. Lifelong daily use of sun protection can dramatically reduce the risk of further skin damage for most conditions.
How do I look after my skin?
Is treatment painful?
Treatments are quick, typically lasting only a few minutes long While you will experience a definite sensation in your skin, local anaesthesia is rarely needed. Laughing gas is available if you need it.
What are the side effects of IPL/ laser treatment?
You may experience some redness, swelling or bruising for a few minutes, hours, or days, depending on the intensity of your treatment.
Contraindications to treatment:
- Pregnancy. Though no specific complications are anticipated, we prefer not to treat pregnancy women.
- Active cold sores or other infections in the areas to be treated
- Moles or suspicious lesions should be referred to a dermatologist.
- Use of Roaccutane (oral acne medication) in the last 12 months.
- Recent tanning, either natural or artificial, interferes with the absorption of light into pigment. Treatment should be delayed until your tan has faded.
Keloid scarring, connective tissue disease, immunosuppression or autoimmune disorders, vitiligo, or uncontrolled diabetes may be contraindications for this treatment. We will determine whether or not you are suitable for treatment during your initial consultation.
Bring your capillary and redness issues to Heber Davis in Sydney where we offer the best in cosmetic and skin treatment. Our highly experienced specialists and advanced laser technology are the perfect solution to your skincare problems.