What does a dermal filler treatment involve?
- We will schedule a 45 minute appointment for your first visit to allow time to review your medical history, discuss your concerns, answer all your questions and then decide on the best treatment plan for you.
- Many types of filler are available to help restore a more youthful appearance but there are differences in the way each behaves and how long each will last. An important element to achieving successful results with dermal fillers is realizing that no one filler is ideal for all areas of the face. For example, lips tolerate fillers differently to cheeks and not all fillers are suitable for all areas. Because of this, we will discuss with you which dermal filler works best in the area you want treated. In some cases, different fillers will be recommended for different areas of your face to improve your overall facial aesthetic.
- Before and after photos of other patients’ outcomes can be viewed to give you a realistic expectation of your own result.
- We will take before photos of you and will use these to monitor your progress over time. Your photos will not, of course, be shown to other patients.
- Actual treatment is completed in 15-20 minutes.
How do I prepare for my treatment?
Click for recommendations about preparing for your treatment.
Does it hurt?
The majority of fillers used at Heber Davis come premixed with local anaesthetic. Most patients find this procedure surprisingly comfortable and require no additional anaesthesia. However, for those who are sensitive, anaesthetic cream and/or laughing gas are also available.
How soon will I see results?
Immediately, though more than one treatment may sometimes be required to achieve the best results. The first treatment lays the foundation for subsequent improvement or adjustment.
How long will my result last?
Longevity varies, depending on the filler used, which part of your face has been treated, and your lifestyle choices such as whether you smoke or drink, the quality of your diet and your level of sun exposure. Longevity varies from 4 months to several years.
How do I look after dermal filler treatment?
Temporary redness, swelling or bruising can occur. It’s best not to schedule your treatment just before an important event. Most normal activities can usually be resumed immediately. Makeup can be applied immediately.
What precautions should I take after treatment?
What are the risks?
Dermal fillers used at Heber Davis are made of soft natural gels that are present in our skin. The have been used successfully for decades and can be dissolved within minutes if need be. As with any treatment that punctures the skin, dermal filler treatments carry some risk of temporary redness, swelling or bruising. Treatment should not be performed just before an important event.
What is the cost?
Heber Davis offers various filler specials each month as well as a regular selection of affordable filler packages. We also offer a Loyalty Rewards Programme that gives you 15% off every fifth injectable treatment (includes both dermal fillers and muscle relaxant treatments).
What about Permanent fillers?
Permanent fillers have been associated with increased risk of serious complications such as infection, granuloma formation (permanent lump formation that can occur even years after administration), and incorrect placement. Permanent fillers cannot adapt to the inevitable changes that occur in our faces as we age. What looks good at 30 could well become a source of embarrassment at 50. For these reasons, we do not recommend permanent fillers for our patients.
Is there anyone who shouldn’t undergo dermal filler treatment?
Dermal fillers are not recommended for those who have inflammation or infection in the area to be treated or who have permanent filler in the area to be treated. They may be used with caution in those with any disease affecting the immune system and those prone to keloid or hypertrophic scarring Chemical or laser peeling is best avoided for 2-3 months before and after dermal filling treatment. Please let us know if you are allergic to local anaesthetics.
What’s my next step?
Make a booking by calling us on 95526277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org